Our theme for this month is compassion. Every month we work on a different character trait to help our students grow into outstanding citizens. We stress it in the classroom, at recess, and in our announcements. Please talk with your child of what compassion can look like at school Here are some ways students can show this:
- Ask someone that is alone to play with you at recess. Continue playing with the student for a good part of the recess (not for 20 seconds and then separate)
- Showing compassion is to take the time and effort to understand someone else’s perspective
- Ask someone to sit next to you during free choice time.
- Show you care about others
- Check in with each other
- Help another student if things fall off their desk.
- Telling others we care about them
- Treat each other with kindness
- Help others around the house.
- Giving a hug
- Asking a brother, sister or family member to play with you
- Making a card for someone
- Saying something kind to help a family member who is feeling sad or upset
- Again, trying to see things from someone else’s perspective.
Meeting ID: 999 3522 5170
Camas Ridge Community School
Eugene, OR 97403