Camas Ridge families and staff have helped to create a tiered school garden, build an outdoor classroom, and design a covered bike rack to enhance the outdoor space for students. Today Camas Ridge is recognized as an Oregon Green School, currently pursuing “Merit” Level certification, and working with the School Garden Project to incorporate the life-cycle of plants into project-based and experiential learning.
The school is a regular participant in Oregon Walk & Bike to School Day to help raise awareness about the importance of having walkable communities and safe routes for kids to get to school.
Camas Ridge participates in Eugene’s Love Food Not Waste program, turning cafeteria scraps into compost.
Our school mission is supported by the following key components:
- Creating a learning community dedicated to academic success, responsibility and lifelong learning; parents, staff, students and community form a partnership for success;
- individual worth, diversity and the role of all ages is key to creating a community;
- valuing learning opportunities that are inquiry based, art and project-organized;
- creating a caring environment that enhances self worth and responsible decision making;
- preparing students to appreciate and contribute to a global society.